“On the Precipice” Application
Tócalo Tucson accepts participants from every culture and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, or physical disability in providing its seminars, lessons, master-classes, and performances.
Tuition for both the Chamber Percussion Program and the "On the Precipice" Composition Program for Tócalo Tucson is eight hundred dollars ($800). Housing can be provided through University of Arizona Housing and Residential Life directly beside the Fred Fox School of Music. Tuition and Housing will cost a total of one thousand, one hundred and fifty dollars ($1,150). This is for a double-occupancy room.
Please note participants will likely be on campus early in the morning, and will occasionally stay late at night. Be sure to take this into consideration when deciding on your housing option.
There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
A down payment of three hundred dollars ($300 USD) is due two weeks following official acceptance into either program. This down payment is required to reserve a position for accepted applicants. In the event of a missed down payment, the festival reserves the right to offer a position to the next waitlisted applicant. Your final payment is due no later than May 8.
- $1,150 - chamber and composition program participants (includes all master-classes and lessons, AND campus housing)
- $800 - chamber and composition program participants (includes all master-classes and lessons, housing NOT included)
- $30 - PER individual master-class only (for non-program participants)
- $150 - Friends of Tócalo Pass (includes attending all master-classes, open rehearsals, and opening night party) - open to interested parties of either the composition or chamber programs.
Please note, all participants are responsible for transportation to and from Tucson, AZ. The Tucson airport is roughly a 20-minute cab/Uber ride to campus.
Audition Requirements - "On the Precipice" Composition Program
- Please submit two or three examples of your creative work (at least one percussion-related work would be helpful to submit, but not mandatory). Applicants should do their best to showcase the most experimental and creative side to their artistic work. Please send a link to download materials (dropbox, googledrive, hightail, box, etc). These can be pdf scores, audio files, or links to videos online.
- One letter of recommendation from a qualified person (teacher of notable stature, national or international).
- Current Resume – be sure to list all musical experience (include with your online application)
Your letter of reference can be emailed directly to email@example.com
"On the Precipice" Composition Residency Program - The official deadline for the Tócalo Tucson "On the Precipice" composition residency program is February 15th, 2020. Applicants will be notified of their official admittance into the program by February 20th, including the details of their commissioned work for Tócalo Tucson (trio, quartet, quintet, etc). The first draft of your commissioned work must be received by April 10th, with workable parts and score available for circulation to the percussionists by May 1st.